PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
@Speak Easy I turned on the TV looking for something to watch and PBS's Simon & Garfunkel : The Concert in Central Park was on and they were just starting my favorite song of theirs The Boxer. they added some lyrics I had not heard before

"I am older than I once was and younger than I'll be" quite a coincidence on this day !

This was after enjoying some G&H American Delite in my one cob an Old Dominion Shenandoah.
Isn’t that the truth! Idk if you’ve found it yet or not but if you like some good music, check out the “What are you Listening To” thread in the General Discussion section. Quite a few forum members post some great tunes there daily! Helps get me through my adventures regularly! Hope you’ve had a great Birthday, sir!

Silverwing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
Got a really exciting smoke today. I won at an auction and got this System Standard 313 in the mail. Gonna have some Ennerdale mixture.

What I wasn’t expecting was a pretty stunning stummel. It has nearly perfect grain, birdseye on sides, straight on the front and back. Forgive my terrible photography. I couldn’t really see the grain when I bid on it so it was a gamble. But the real kicker is I think it’s been smoked maybe, once or twice. Seems like maybe someone tried to smoke about 1/3 of a bowl and then stopped and never picked it up again. I cleaned up some tarnishing on the nickel accent with some steel wool. Other than that, this was an immaculate pipe. Boy do I understand the appeal of silver accents now 😅 . It isn’t an exaggeration to say it is 100 times easier to polish and shine. I’ve taken some pretty big L’s on estate pipes lately so this was a very welcome change of pace. IMG_0848.jpegIMG_0849.jpegIMG_0851.jpegIMG_0850.jpeg

After a long, arduous travel with some changes along the way, i finally had my second day on the job. This was my first smoke out n about after picking up the rental car at the airport upon arrival.

HU Dockworker in the CAO meer amongst the local palms. I only brought 3 meers and 2 small briars for the next couple weeks. But more than a few choices of baccy! ;)

CAO Dockworker FL.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Off to work with a bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Listening to the Giants-Cardinals game. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Key Largo in a Nording.. Bad storms today. Lost an nice old tree and there's trees down all over town. Could have been worse. Thankfully the power is back on... So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

View attachment 318759View attachment 318758
At least it wasn't ON the house...or worse: through the roof!

I'm clearing a lot right now and doing those very calculations. How far to be away from the building with the tree line and larger trees i'm keeping for yard appeal, etc.

Glad everyone's ok. 👍

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Bold & Strong in my Herbaugh bamboo dublin.

IMG-1296.png

Status
Not open for further replies.