PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
My one day along a North Carolina beach is memorable mostly for the bat-sized mosquitos. The 25-cent oysters later at a dive bar in Durham made up for it. (This was decades back, although I would be happy to hear oysters are still available for a buck or so.) Enjoy the evening!

Haha. Mosquitoes and the damn biting flies. We tried to play a round of golf at the the coast one time, and had to walk off after 4 holes. They were relentless! I swear, the bug spray
attracted them. Bastards?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of KBV Your Welcome in a straight smooth dark brown 1930s (Comoy’s) Canadian Club 230 eight paneled billiard with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Dinner follows this smoke. Watching the Braves-Mets game.
Canadian_Club230(Comoy)_paneled-Billiard.jpg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Haha. Mosquitoes and the damn biting flies. We tried to play a round of golf at the the coast one time, and had to walk off after 4 holes. They were relentless! I swear, the bug spray
attracted them. Bastards?
I imagine they might be pretty bad close to the NC coast. We have an ongoing joke that the mosquito is Louisiana’s state bird, but I had a buddy who was a transplant from Alaska, and he said they’re even worse there. Hard for me to imagine, but he’d never lie to me. I’ve gotten torn up on the bush hog even with 100% DEET on. I’d hate to see what those mofos are like in Alaska. ?

C

carolinasmokes

For my last smoke of the evening I decided to break out my Rossi 320 Notte again, this time instead of Carter Hall I went with SWRA. Winner-Winner Chicken Dinner! I have found the blend for this pipe. SWRA tasted so good, the wide bowl definitely brought out the flavor of this blend for me. Smoked cool and dry too, I really enjoyed the smoke. Damn, I may have to go out and have one more bowl before bed.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Erinmore Flake in a Meer...
JF8XvBC.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, fillet mignon and asparagus dinner with peach slices for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Larry's Expresso #9, neat, is my drink. Have eight estate pipes in various stages of cleaning. Finished four others today.
Comoy's_Grand Slam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.