PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Drying a small bowl of Newminster 400, to go in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s blasted doggie. Worst of the heat/humidity here in CA is over, but still quite unpleasant. Hoping this blend helps take the edge off, as it has done historically for me.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, Oak titmouse, Steller's jay, Mountain chickadee, White-breasted nuthatch, California quail, Hairy woodpecker, American crow, and Western bluebird.

irish harp.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Curly Block in my J Everett bent billiard.

IMG-1334.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, giant porterhouse steak, baked potato and sweet corn dinner with a bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2010 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Too humid for coffee this evening.
Ardor Urano square shaped bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive 2023 in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Watching the Braves-D-Backs game.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

I did some reading, and learned that Sam the Scamp's behavior is not atypical of a female cat who has given birth to kittens or has been spayed. It takes up to a month or more for female cats to settle down. We saw her personality change when the scampers were around, and it's been amplified by the spaying. Hope she settles down, but we decided not to let her inside for any reason for a while.

I brought Molly Danger to the den a few hours ago, and she's been on m'lady's lap the whole time. I wonder if she knows that Sam is out of the house? Harry the Hairy is locked down in the back bathroom.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
That’s too bad, but thank you for verifying. Is there another blend that’s very similar to it? Comparing both reviews of Huber VGS and Newminster 400, and comparing that with my tastes of Newm 400, they sound similar. Maybe this isn’t true though?
They are not alike. The toppings are greatly different. Huber VGS has what appears to me to be rose geranium, orange, and honeydew toppings. The Virginias are sharper, and more citrusy as well.

Lucro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2024
Pittsburgh, PA
It’s been one of those days that wants to kick you in the ole bean bag. Picked up a pipe I packed Sunday, got side tracked and never made it past the char light. While lighting it, the flame on my lighter went nuts burning my index finger no matter which way I held it. Anyway, 2nd attempt went normal and I was finally able to enjoy my bowl of Cult Blood Red Moon that was started in my Boswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.