PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Started with Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls in a small Upshall sandblast Bulldog with smooth rim and hex shank with tapered stem size 4. Hot, humid and hazy (blasted Sahara sand) but not horrible on East Coast Florida, so will be keeping it simple today blend-wise.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Starting my day by trying out some Gawith Hoggarth Kendal Kentucky in a Dr. Grabow Lark before breakfast.

IMG20240415164210~2.jpg

Kendal Kentucky reminds me very much of a shag cut version of Mac Baren's HH Old Dark Fired, with it's smokey, woody, slightly sour barbeque pit flavor; though I think it's a touch less sour than Old Dark Fired, much smoother, and significantly stronger in the nicotine department. There's none of the chocolate notes here that I get from Kendal Kentucky's sister blend Dark Bird's Eye, it's just straight up dark fired Kentucky, but smooth as silk and causes no sinus discomfort even when retrohaled quite aggressively. The nicotine content is noticably stronger than Dark Bird's Eye as well. This is definitely a, "sip it for 10 minutes then put the pipe down for awhile" blend for me.

It's hard to say whether I like Dark Bird's Eye or Kendal Kentucky better, they're both fantastically smooth high octane blends, I think it just comes down to whether you want the smokey chocolatey flavor of Dark Bird's Eye or the pure dark fired Kentucky barbeque pit flavor of Kendal Kentucky. I dig them both! puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.