PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lost Somnambulist

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2021
Alabama
Took out the Bartlett "upside down" pipe this evening. My first attempt to smoke it several years ago wasn't very successful. This evening was my second attempt and a few years of experience has paid off! It turns out that the pipe likes to be packed far more snuggly that my usual pipes. Once I had that figured out, it lit and stayed smoking for the entire bowl, not a single re-light. It smokes well once you get the hang of it! Bring the rain!

image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Took out the Bartlett "upside down" pipe this evening. My first attempt to smoke it several years ago wasn't very successful. This evening was my second attempt and a few years of experience has paid off! It turns out that the pipe likes to be packed far more snuggly that my usual pipes. Once I had that figured out, it lit and stayed smoking for the entire bowl, not a single re-light. It smokes well once you get the hang of it! Bring the rain!

View attachment 325543
@Lost Somnambulist I need to make sure I pack my clay well so it doesn't go out & not have to pester the blacksmith for a relight:)

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Did a little low calorie snacking, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Dunhill Royal Yacht in a 1970s smooth brown slight bend GBD International 9665 dublin rough top sitter with a flat bottom and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 324302
I'd bet that many others on here would agree with me that a "photo essay" of your entire pipe inventory would be awesome. But this "old fella", to me, just screams CHARACTER. If I saw this in a basket in a Pipe & Tobacco store, I'd adopt it instantly.

1721602899955.png