PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Dang it. Just last night I was thinking no need for any more new pipes or tobaccos for the rest of the year (I have a couple new unsmoked in a drawer and plenty of untried let alone open blends).. Oak Alley now on my list. Maybe can wait to place the order though.. :rolleyes:

You should try this one out on your next order. Its dang good.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Ive been very happy with the Oak Alley blend. Im surprised it doesn’t get as much mention as it deserves.
I didn't care for it the first few times I smoked it. Left it alone for a few months and now I really enjoy it. This is usually the case for C&D blends for me, they really need some time in a jar or on the shelf before I can enjoy them. But your right, it's kind of a sleeper blend.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Simply put, I fell! Literally tripped over my own feet and slammed in to the sidewalk. No major breakage, seems to be deep bruising and bursa sac trauma. I DID just get a call from the docs office though. They want to schedule a visit to an ortho bc I may possibly have a fracture in the collarbone. Yippee.

When I was in my early 20s, I lived with my grandmother in the San Fernando Valley Cal., I needed a place and she needed someone, so it worked out nicely.

One day, not sure what I was doing, I was out on a sidewalk, and a neighbor, an elderly man, maybe 80s and quite feeble, was walking down the sidewalk, tripped on a crack and fell right next to me.

As I helped him up, he had quite a few bruises and a scrape, and to this day, you know when you make so many memories in our minds, I think back almost 40 years ago, why do I have such a memory still in my head.

I guess when I was young and quite athletic, I thought, this is what happens to old people not young, tripping and falling, and I guess life and maybe my own reality of the future was staring at me, as I thought to myself, I don’t want to end up like this, not being able to walk without falling.

But never to realize, we can all have accidents at any age, so I think it must of drilled into my head to really be on the watch and careful, anything can happen at any time.

I’m glad you’re ok! ❤️

Be careful in life! ;)

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
A quarter of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a black sandblasted straight 1998 XXX Ashton Pebble Grain lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem.
View attachment 232442
That pipe has some wicked grain!
Ashton really does a spectacular job with their grain and blast. They have become one of my favorite brands.
I now have several stacks, Dublin's and billiards. Each one has impressed me every time I purchase one and every time I fire it up even more. To me they age really well, develop uniform cake quickly, don't heat up and taste better every smoke. To me thats receiving a lot without expecting as much as they are giving me back. Seeing your posts makes me realize that there Are obviously some old school pipes like your Parkers that I need to explore and try out. I always enjoy your sharing of such iconic pipes.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
KBV Samsun & Delilah in the '19 Peterson Walnut Spigot 65.
This blend and The Oriental Affair seem to share a top flavor that I rather enjoy. It just hit me what it reminds me of - Mcclelland Honeydew.

View attachment 232439

I was looking at this blend from Ken, I have smoked quite a few blends of his stuff, he really makes some good blends.

Have you smoked Anne Capp? Been trying to get another blend from Ken that has quite a bit of Cavendish going on, and I noticed black cavendish is in Samsun & Delilah.

The 2023 Samsun & Delilah is also suppose to have Cocoa, Chocolate, Vanilla casing/topping, I’m not really a fan of these notes, are they quite noticeable?

What would you say is the overall flavors you get?

Thanks

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Uhle’s Perfection Plug in a Castello Sea Rock

52890996535_473580f4fb_o.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Smokin a whole chicken while enjoying a bowl of St. James Woods from my Mitakidis lovat. View attachment 232452View attachment 232455

Did you see my WAYs reply before? Did you post this pipe in PipeTalk, to also give us a blow by blow as you smoke this, so others can get a grasp of what a Strawberry wood pipe is like.

Please do so if haven’t, I and I’m sure others would like to know how Strawberry wood is for a pipe.

P.S. Great looker too! ❤️

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
My Mixture 965 in my Castello sea rock.

This pipe is great, but the KKKK open draft design was not for Va/Pers. I originally placed it on me VaPer rack, but will be moving it onto the English rack after this smoke. A perfect burn with the correct tobacco, just took me awhile to figure it out.

View attachment 232456

Hmm, what sort of problems are you encountering with VA/VaPers? 🤔

Granted, any pipe at any price range might do better with some blends over others.

Status
Not open for further replies.