PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Out of curiosity, are you on a Hungarian kick lately?

Except for the Peterson Pub Pipe, the style typically doesn't catch my eye but yours are sincerely very nice.
I am - and was talking about it yesterday at pipe club meetup.
Jim Anderson (Lazarus Estates) pulled this IRC out of a box of pipes (which he often has) and it immediately caught my eye.

In general, Oom Paul's/Hungarian/full bents are most often larger pipes. Im more of a group 1 or 2, maybe 3 type guy - so the shape isn't one often found in my collection.

Maybe two years ago I acquired a very small KBB Rocky Briar in this shape and I loved it. Aside from the spectacular sandblast on it, the shape and size made it an effortless smoke.

Recently I commissioned the dramatically bent BST.. Which is a joy to smoke.

So yeah, when Jim pulled this IRC out I immediately grabbed it and put it in my bag.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch,and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye Twilight (4th Generation) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Working at finalizing a review of this blend. Watching the Braves-Brewers game.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.