Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Hello chaps it’s been a while and I hope I find you all well and healthy. When I was last on here I had just rescued a XL Bully and he’s been taking up a lot of my time but not so much that I’ve not been enjoying my pipes and tobacco. I’m starting off my day with some Esoterica Tilbury in this 1902 Charles Maas. image.jpgimage.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
G.L. Pease Bankside in a 1901 Sam McLardy & Co. Meerschaum with a vulcanite stem.

I dried this one fairly crispy this time, only took 30 minutes, and what a different beast, really amazing different profile/notes.

I’ve only started smoking it, but it comes across dried crispy like VA/Oriental, the Kentucky for me takes on more of an Oriental style, which is interesting. At the beginning of this bowl I get no Latakia, I’m assuming the extra drying either killed it off, or placed it so far in the back, it’s just intertwined in the other leaf, adding different notes. hmm 🤔

@Ben.R.C If you’ve never dried this one pretty crisp, give it a go, since I know you like this blend.

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 235002
I tend to dry everything crispy! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.