PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Thank you for the complement, that JU has become my go to for WBS actually, they’re a great match. This site should come with a warning about pipe envy, I guess it comes with the territory.
I have a single Ferndown and the band is similar to this one, I had 6 others but was forced to trade them in for pipes I wanted more. What I’ve found is Ferndowns are hit or miss in terms of smoking quality. The lumberman I have smokes great. How do Upshalls smoke? I’ve yet to try them.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I have a single Ferndown and the band is similar to this one, I had 6 others but was forced to trade them in for pipes I wanted more. What I’ve found is Ferndowns are hit or miss in terms of smoking quality. The lumberman I have smokes great. How do Upshalls smoke? I’ve yet to try them.
I have four Tilshead’s and three JU’s two of which have Les Wood bands and they’re great smokers all, especially Va’s and VaPers. I have one Ferndown Tudor Root with a gold band that I was lucky to find and found out that it was actually made specifically as gift by Les Wood for a friend of his, not for me unfortunately but it’s nice to know I have something special. Here’s a picimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I have four Tilshead’s and three JU’s two of which have Les Wood bands and they’re great smokers all, especially Va’s and VaPers. I have one Ferndown Tudor Root with a gold band that I was lucky to find and found out that it was actually made specifically as gift by Les Wood for a friend of his, not for me unfortunately but it’s nice to know I have something special. Here’s a picView attachment 235103View attachment 235104
gorgeous! I love his bulldogs. I still like the Upshall grain better though.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
image.jpg
Experimental home blend, The Doctor’s Blend or TDB in a Dr. Grabow Starfire. This is really an American blend given the use of some aromatics in the blend. Overall, the black cavendish presents a mild base on which the subtle notes of Latakia and Perique can present themselves without coming across as too dominating or swallowed up by strong Virginia Tobaccos.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
MB Vanilla Roll Cake in a Pete Premier 303

52890608691_ba2dc50ed5_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.