Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
MB Virginia Flake in a Pete 9B

52891069693_e0460cf149_o.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
1/3 bowl of C&D Yorktown on the 102 Short Army’s first voyage.
I think I gonna like this pipe, the new p-lip is very comfortable but gonna take a little getting used to.
112* and breezy, not getting much done around the ranch today.View attachment 234746
Glad to see the 102 on its maiden voyage! By the way, what does the lower flag say?

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
St Bruno in an Altinay. This is my 6th smoke in this, and I have to say, I am not that enamoured with the way the rim is colouring. I have studiously kept it away from naked flame, but still look at it. Ah stuff it!
View attachment 234745
I have 16 smokes in a new 1 and the rim is black so compared to mine its turning very well. Mine is from the tobacco tars and oils so I assume yours is too. Dont be surprised if it gets black.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Glad to see the 102 on its maiden voyage! By the way, what does the lower flag say?
An Appeal To Heaven
From John Locke’s Second Treatise on Governent:
“And where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment.”

George Washington first commissioned it as the flag of the first American navy in 1775.

Current events make me wonder if today’s society will know the cause of sufficient moment before it’s too late.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
St Bruno in an Altinay. This is my 6th smoke in this, and I have to say, I am not that enamoured with the way the rim is colouring. I have studiously kept it away from naked flame, but still look at it. Ah stuff it!
Only way to keep a meer pristine is to not smoke it, and never knowing how it’s going to color is half the fun.
I’d give you £50 to ship it across the pond if you don’t like it😉

WerewolfOfLondon

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 8, 2023
London
I have 16 smokes in a new 1 and the rim is black so compared to mine its turning very well. Mine is from the tobacco tars and oils so I assume yours is too. Dont be surprised if it gets black.
That's good to know. I was worried that I was burning the rim with the flame. if it is just natural coiouration, I can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.