PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
2018 Viprati (thanks to secret santa) in my sandblasted Peterson 314 - my absolute best smoking pipe of any brand - no competition. Don't know why. I even have 5 other 314's but this one is the best. It's the newest... I have 4 smooth that were all estates, a rusticated that I can't remember if I got new or not. Trying to figure out why it smokes so DARN WELL! Dry, very little moisture compared to other pipes no matter which blend goes in, small chamber seems to be a miniature black hole and a small amount of leaf just goes on & on. I'm wondering if "new" might be part of it? Anyway, 'twas a delight this am.

View attachment 234716
That Peterson System really works, that's why it has been popular for so long

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
2018 Viprati (thanks to secret santa) in my sandblasted Peterson 314 - my absolute best smoking pipe of any brand - no competition. Don't know why. I even have 5 other 314's but this one is the best. It's the newest... I have 4 smooth that were all estates, a rusticated that I can't remember if I got new or not. Trying to figure out why it smokes so DARN WELL! Dry, very little moisture compared to other pipes no matter which blend goes in, small chamber seems to be a miniature black hole and a small amount of leaf just goes on & on. I'm wondering if "new" might be part of it? Anyway, 'twas a delight this am.

View attachment 234716
Its smokes good because its a system pipe. Every one that I have since the 80s smokes great.
They are great pipes!

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010

View attachment 234716
I love my 314 as well.
It always delivers.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps in the heat and humidity, and am close to finishing this bowl of C&D Sun Bear Tupelo Small Batch 2023 in a straight 1950s Kaywoodie Colt Dublin meer with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Working on a review of this blend.
Kaywoodie_Colt.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of 7-20-4 Little Gold Dust (Briary Blends) in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a dark tortoise shell colored tapered acrylic stem. Sold only at Twins Smoke Shop in New Hampshire. Working on a review of this blend.
SMS_Eagle Claw-side.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.