PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

KORNEY

Can't Leave
Mar 26, 2021
Israel
Back to the Black!
Tsuge tasting blast billiard with Tree Sails pipe.

I bought it at 10.8.2005 as my FIRST pipe and it still relevant, but too big for me now!

Almost 18 years of pipe smoking,lots of pipes,lots of tobaccos,lots of pipe makers ,friends and memories…

Nice journey 😀7F2CA5D1-A7E6-439E-B05E-833E3232A6E1.jpeg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
First time trying Chacom No.3 while catching up on local news...
Picked this aro up in Paris on request from my father to find a 'french aromatic' to bring back. Turns out, of course, to be a blend designed in America (by Jeremy Reeves), and made in Germany (Kohlhase & Kopp). C'est la vie. ;) Opening the tin has very nice sweet boozy rich aroma. Good moisture level. don't know what/how to describe taste just yet. Pairs nicely with coffee.
IMG_5239.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am starting off another review day with a bowl of Erik Stokkebye Twilight (4th Generation) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
2018 Viprati (thanks to secret santa) in my sandblasted Peterson 314 - my absolute best smoking pipe of any brand - no competition. Don't know why. I even have 5 other 314's but this one is the best. It's the newest... I have 4 smooth that were all estates, a rusticated that I can't remember if I got new or not. Trying to figure out why it smokes so DARN WELL! Dry, very little moisture compared to other pipes no matter which blend goes in, small chamber seems to be a miniature black hole and a small amount of leaf just goes on & on. I'm wondering if "new" might be part of it? Anyway, 'twas a delight this am.

1689966860243.png

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
2018 Viprati (thanks to secret santa) in my sandblasted Peterson 314 - my absolute best smoking pipe of any brand - no competition. Don't know why. I even have 5 other 314's but this one is the best. It's the newest... I have 4 smooth that were all estates, a rusticated that I can't remember if I got new or not. Trying to figure out why it smokes so DARN WELL! Dry, very little moisture compared to other pipes no matter which blend goes in, small chamber seems to be a miniature black hole and a small amount of leaf just goes on & on. I'm wondering if "new" might be part of it? Anyway, 'twas a delight this am.

View attachment 234716
I was going to say it was the acrylic stem but that doesn’t actually make any sense lol. Glad that your best smoker is one that you’re able to enjoy and not get irritation from!

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
I was wondering when someone would show a Churchwarden.
I was beginning to think I was the only one. If anyone knows where I can find a rack for them please let me know. Glad you posted that, now I dont feel like such an outcast.
I contacted a woodworker on Etsy, and he did a revision of the design to accommodate longer pipes. Pretty easy with most designs. I was going to include a link, but his site is no longer active.

Status
Not open for further replies.