PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had stuff to do, and while I did it, I smoked circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

And I just finished a bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a light, tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Cascadia Trailhead in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working on a review of this, and the other Cascadia blends.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Good Saturday morning all. Thanks to @jiminks and all the other folks here that have regularly sung the praises of this fine tobacco blend, I overcame my hesitancy to aromatic types and gave it a try. I'm speaking of course of the Edward G Robinson blend. I've started my day with it in my unfinished Savinelli 644, with a nice cup of coffee. For the record @LotusEater, I can't stop smoking it. I already have another tin on the way, and if I feel the same way after that one, I will be ordering by the tub.
Glad to hear you like EGR. You'll appreciate buying it by the tub, too. It's not just cheaper, but the tobacco stays moister longer in the tub than it does in the tin.

One thing to keep in mind when you get a tub. Once you screw off the lid, you'll see a resealable plastic seal. Open it just far enough to take out what you want, make sure there's no tobacco on the rim, and press the seal back down. That will add extra insurance that the tobacco stays moist. I always fill up an empty tin of EGR when I take tobacco out of the tub. That way, I don't have to go digging into the tub all the time. This advice also goes for the H&H Mid-Town tubs as well.

These tubs will keep tobacco moist for a long time. That is true for Prince Albert and Carter Hall tubs, too, even though they are different kinds of tubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.