PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Leavitt & Peirce D.P.E. in a slight bent black sandblasted post-1940 KBB Yello-Bole Cured With Real Honey Imported Briar with a reg. mark in a circle canted egg with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I had been looking for a blend for this pipe for a time time, and this ought to be the one... until I run out of it, anyway.
KBB Yello-Bole_canted egg.jpg

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
I have a jar of 2019 Dunbar marinating in the timestream. What are your impressions on Dunbar?
Solid smoke. Newer tins may not match up with prior years but Im newer to game. It’s quite delightful. It doesn’t suck, but not matched up to prior batches per the veteran smokers. YMMV. So they say. I’m puffing a 2021. I think.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Good early mornin', folks. Enjoying some well-dried flakes of Newminster #400 in my Birinci Eagle-Claw Meer:

20210811-105432.jpg

Drinking Hot Cocoa along with it.

Weather for Nerds/Geeks/Pilots
110453Z AUTO 31008KT 10SM OVC029 01/M06 A3000 RMK AO2

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

When I did my first set of walks today, Abner the Eager and Sam the Scamp argued over who would walk with me during my last lap. Sam ran under a neighbor’s car, followed by Abner. When I got near my house, Sam ran as fast as he could to me for food and safety. I picked Sam up to bring him in to eat. Abner got ahead of us, laid down on the driveway to block our path, but gave up when he realized the futility of his plan. Abner wanted to eat, but Harry the Hairy was around, so Abner hid under the deck lounge. While eating, Harry saw Abner, walked over and started those load mournful moans. Abner left under Harry’s watchful eyes, but he came back, ate inside and after a little scratching from yours truly, had a snooze. Lots more happened today, and if I don't post about it before bed time, I will later on if I can manage the time.
AbnerStalksSam.jpg
AbnerWatchesSam.jpg
Harry&AbnerStares2.jpg
Harry&AbnerStares3.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Braved the cold (and mud) this afternoon to enjoy a perfectly dried bowl of Mac Baren Vanilla Cream (loose cut) in a Savinelli Tortuga 614 faux-Hungarian. This was the second tobacco I ever tried, and revisiting it from time to time like this always brings me back. Eked out a narrow 9-point Scrabble victory vs. wifey, and now just relaxing, drinking a scotch highball while she prepares a dessert for tonight, coincidentally reminiscent of the bowl I had. Doesn't get much better than this!

Bird report: California quail, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, Spotted towhee, White-crowned sparrow, Northern flicker, American crow, Dark-eyed junco, and Oak titmouse.

Happy early birthday to @TheIronMonkey ! You've outlived Wilhelm Reich. 🥳

Shavuatov!

View attachment 287489

Thank you! If Wilhelm Reich is listening somewhere in the beyond—I win!

Technically, it’ll be official at 11:27 a.m. EST, several hours from now.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have a third of this bowl left of year 2020 Uhle’s Blend 44 in a 1922-38 Made in Ireland Peterson Dublin 3 straight smooth dark brown bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Dublin3_bulldog.jpg

I was doing my second set of walks when Sam came running to me. Harry the Hairy was in the neighbor’s yard when he spotted Sam, and stalked him. Harry stopped he saw I wasn’t going to let him badger Sam. Repeating Abner’s driveway block, Harry did a few rolls to show how cute he was. There's more to show and tell, but that's all I can do for now, especially because I can only post five photos in a post.
SamToMe1.jpg
HarryGardenEdgeStalk.jpg
HarryDrivewayRoll3.jpg
HarryDrivewayRoll5.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
At the half way mark of this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I'll end the day with this smoke. Had to let Sam the Scamp in to eat as Harry the Hairy has stuck around all day. I hated to put Sam back out since it's raining, but I don't want trouble happening while we sleep. Harry is getting more territorial, but usually those two get along. Right now, Sleepy Suzy is by my side wondering about the cat she smells on my left hand.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.