Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
... Fed the ferals, too.

What Happens when you feed feral cats a blend of cat food and Edward G Robinson Pipe Tabak as Cat Nip?

THIS is the result:
edwardG-cat.jpg
"M'yeah,... M'yeah... And you better not be holding-out on those Golden Delicious apples either, Jimmy-boy, when dividing up the groceries with The Feral Gang, see... M'yeah, M'yeah... or Rocky's gonna give it ya, see... M'yeah!" . ;) - Sherm Natman

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
What Happens when you feed feral cats a blend of cat food and Edward G Robinson Pipe Tabak as Cat Nip?

THIS is the result:
View attachment 202215
"M'yeah,... M'yeah... And you better not be holding-out on those Golden Delicious apples either, Jimmy-boy, when dividing up the groceries with The Feral Gang, see... M'yeah, M'yeah... or Rocky's gonna give it ya, see... M'yeah!" . ;) - Sherm Natman
Dem mugs ain't got no chance against me and da boys, see! Slats and Mugsy'll splatter dem wit hummus spray, see. Myeah!!!

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I got some Watch City Old Dominion recently, and tried it out today in my Big Ben Ranger.

bbr_od_212.jpg

I apparently forgot everything I knew about smoking flakes and just jammed a bunch of chunks into the bowl and went outside to fire it up. There was a nice burst of flavor at each light, but didn't stay lit worth a darn*, even after jabbing at it with my pick to improve the airflow. If only I had revisited Jim's review first!

"I recommend you fully rub the fat flakes out to aid in the burn rate of the tobacco."
"Needs a little dry time."

I didn't want to end the day in defeat, so once I had expended a couple dozen matches smoking through that first bowl, I dumped it, dried the pipe for a bit, then rubbed out a smaller chunk of OD pretty well before gently packing the second bowl. I gave it a few minutes to dry, and even at the charring light, I knew this was going to go much better. Sweet, tangy, a little spice, and some earthiness. I had to take a break to have some dinner and help put the kid to bed, then resumed the pipe. Man, this is really good, and it stayed lit for much longer at each stretch. That earthiness was a bit reminiscent of some Gawith Virginia flakes at times, maybe the aged Virginias in the mix?

* In the tobacco's defense, it's also super-humid outside tonight. I had extra trouble getting my matches to light, sometimes needing to start them with a lighter.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A few minutes away from smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
Haunted bookshop in a clay.
I bought 2oz H.B. Maybe I am a fans of English, Balkans and V/P, still can't like this "bold burley" after drinking a few bowls. Sometimes it has the taste of cheap cigars, which is not bad, but it is just a simple and rough tobacco, lacking a sense of hierarchy, like wine bibber's strong wine.
I won't buy it again. However, it will not be wasted. I will save it for my mother-in-law's visit. Maybe this "bold burley" can effectively drive her away.
WechatIMG278.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I see I'll have to play traffic cop to the ferals, so I picked a relatively short smoke while I do that: Wilke Peanut Butter and Chocolate in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum lattice apple meer with a tapered black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic stem. This will end the day for me.
Royal_M_Lattice_Apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.