PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Sunday, 6:15pm. Been playing the mad blendologist all day today.

Today, I am smoking my dedicated Beater Experimenting Pipe; being: An 8 Panel Yello-Bole Standard, which is made of indestructible "Bryon" - Impossible to hurt this pipe, even if you were to smoke Uranium 232 in it.
02_12_2023_Yello_Bole_Standard_8_Panel.jpg

Today's Experimental Smoke is:

1 part Five Brothers, to

2 Parts BCA, to

2 Parts Natural American Spirit Perique - "liberated" from a cigarette from a pack of their black smokes - to create what a somewhat entertaining high-level nicotine mixture, while cooling and mellowing the spicy hot of the 5Brothers at the same time.

2_12_2023_Perique_BCA_FiveBrothers_Unmixed.jpg
Pre-Blended: Perique, BCA, 5 Brothers

2_12_2023_Perique_BCA_FiveBrothers_Mixed.jpg
Blended

02_12_2023_Perique_BCA_FiveBrothers_Bowled.jpg
Loaded and Ready to Smoke!

Not bad at all!

I'm still finding the taste of the BCA too much 'candy and alcohol' for my taste - I will try to halve the effect - and perhaps substitute in some cube-cut white burly to aid in cooling the mixture by slowing the burn-rate, and, remove some of the flavoring by substitution of the amount of BCA used above.

The other way I could go, would to simply use Super-Value Vanilla; but, I feel Lane Ltd's BCA offers a much wider and entertaining flavor profile. - Sherm Natman

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a light snack, and am smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Going to celebrate my 60th birthday today with hearty meals followed exclusively by home blends. For the morning, breakfast of homemade blueberry pancakes, bacon and coffee prior to a VaPer (base of Sutliff Match Victorian tweaked with addition of Green River Black Cavendish) in a 1946 Dunhill 60/1 Shell Billiard. Trusty Rodgers of Sheffield pipe tool and vintage 1950's Nimrod Commader pipe lighter accompanying.

View attachment 202004
Happy birthday, man!

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Final pipe for my birthday. Following dinner of crispy fried chicken and fresh mashed potatoes, am enjoying an evening bowl of a Balkan home blend in a Rainer Barbi Smooth Bulldog. Trusty Rodgers of Sheffield pipe tool and vintage 1950's Nimrod Commander pipe lighter accompanying. After smoke is finished, will settle in for a nice slice of coconut custard pie, fresh brewed cup of Earl Grey tea, and an old B&W Mystery or Western movie (anything other than the Super Bowl) for the evening's entertainment...

DSCN0452.JPG

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sutliff's Mixture No. 79 in a Christmas gift pipe of days of yore (2010) a Johs apple, slightly bent, semi-rusticated with a saddle stem and a great big chamber for a leisurely smoke to watch the second half of the Super Bowl. It seems like things could be hot in Philly tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.