PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
Like that cob -- believe you said previously that it was a Hackert? Curious if he is still making cobs or not, and specifically if he still makes some of his cobs with antler (versus hardwood) shanks. I think he used to do that. Do you know?
it seems he's slowed down on cobs. Sold listings on ebay only show a handful over the last two months. There's a briar stemmed Twain up right now but make sure you're looking at seller jacob8706 as someone is selling an unsmoked Country Gentleman for a laughable amount in my opinion. I think I remember him using antler but haven't seen those in a loooooong time.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
it seems he's slowed down on cobs. Sold listings on ebay only show a handful over the last two months. There's a briar stemmed Twain up right now but make sure you're looking at seller jacob8706 as someone is selling an unsmoked Country Gentleman for a laughable amount in my opinion. I think I remember him using antler but haven't seen those in a loooooong time.
Thanks for the reply. I looked at that briar stemmed Twain. It's a nice looking pipe at a fair price, but I'd prefer a darker colored cob like yours (maybe that Twain could be stained?) or like that other unsmoked Country Gentleman you mentioned. But I agree with you that the price for that one seems a bit ridiculous to me also...

Status
Not open for further replies.