PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Been ages since I've smoked an aromatic. Some Sutliff Brandy Alexander (received several sample bowls as a freebie gift in a recent tobacco trade), packed in a Missouri Meerschaum bent cob. Trusty Rodgers of Sheffield pipe tool and vintage 1950's Nimrod Commander pipe lighter accompanying.

DSCN0438.JPG

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Mountain Camp, a blend done with the same tobaccos as the much stronger Bayou Night but in noticeably different proportions for a much milder smoke while being equally tasty in its own way. In a smooth Peterson bent brandy sitter B11 in the old Shannon series. I like the shape so well, it is one of the few pipes I have two of, the other B11 being an ebony dress pipe with two thin silver-color bands. I've been to Shannon, Ireland, enhancing the sentimental value of this pipe, though I didn't buy it there. Shannon is on the west coast of Ireland and they used to route a lot of air traffic through there, I think to boost the economy outside the Dublin area, though I think that's done less these days. In North Carolina, we're having a few spring days, mild and sunny or rainy.

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin
C&D Mountain Camp, a blend done with the same tobaccos as the much stronger Bayou Night but in noticeably different proportions for a much milder smoke while being equally tasty in its own way. In a smooth Peterson bent brandy sitter B11 in the old Shannon series. I like the shape so well, it is one of the few pipes I have two of, the other B11 being an ebony dress pipe with two thin silver-color bands. I've been to Shannon, Ireland, enhancing the sentimental value of this pipe, though I didn't buy it there. Shannon is on the west coast of Ireland and they used to route a lot of air traffic through there, I think to boost the economy outside the Dublin area, though I think that's done less these days. In North Carolina, we're having a few spring days, mild and sunny or rainy.
I think I have an unopened tin of this. Will need to try it!

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Just enjoyed my first bowl of Bayou Morning in my first Morgan Bones. I really liked them both.

View attachment 201547
Rich Dark Flake in a Castello “Castello” 55.

View attachment 201548
If y'all have any interest there's at least 3 of us here in Franklin and I'd be up for a meet up and smoke. I'm normally a bit of a hermit outside of my work life but could be coaxed out of my bubble for a communal smoke. My wife would be happy for me to expound on the virtues of tobacco with someone besides her. If not interested I totally get it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two big plates of spaghetti and meatballs with a third of m'lady's freshly made Boston cream pie for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth brown Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.jpg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two big plates of spaghetti and meatballs with a third of m'lady's freshly made Boston cream pie for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth brown Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 201560
I'm not sure which one I'm more envious of; the homemade Boston Cream Pie or the 2013 Stonehaven. In reality, even without one of your reviews, it's the pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.