PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: C&D's Picayune, in a 5.5" Molina, Barasso-Series, natural and unfinished ball, with chrome ring and half-bent acrylic stem; and with it - thanks to @JimInks and Amazon Prime Home Delivery - I am enjoying my very first cup of Community Coffee - Signature Blend, Dark Roast - this pairing, after Wifey served me a massive, 2.5 lbs, 'Cowboy Cut' Rib-eye Steak, with Three Elephants brand Jasmine rice on the side for my dinner tonight.
Molina_Fachen_Type.jpg

This pipe - and it's 3 mates of various bowl shapes - were originally unfinished in a light natural in color; however, Wifey applied some of her alcohol-based dye - tobacco color, iirc - to the outer bowl surface, in order to bring forth more of the texture and dimension of the briar - which over the last 3 years, has taken on even more interesting and variated contrasting highlights and low-lights of tones and textures of this pipe, as it ages with time and heating-cycles. It is essentially the same pipe which was offered by Rattray's as the Fachen 107, only significantly larger and was significantly less expensive to purchase.

Oh yes, and Big Girl, the 'Boxer-Pit' enjoyed her end of tonight's meal; of course!
Dog_Bone.jpg

-Sherm Natman

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
GL Pease Montgomery in a sandblasted bent J Alan brandy. This is my third night in a row with this tobacco. Which is about the maximum that I can endure of any one tobacco before my personal 'tasting fatigue' sets in. Tomorrow will be something different, if for no other reason, than to celebrate IPSD. I hope that everyone had a good weekend.

Jason

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Howdy. Getting ready to pack one of my pipes with a bowl of somethin'. Just ordered more from SPC:

1 Tin C&D Habana Dream 2oz
G.L. Pease Quiet Nights 8oz
Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs 2x50gf
SPC Galloping Gertie 2x2oz
Peterson Nightcap 50g

Slowly accumulating my hedge against the inevitable.

Weather for Weather Geeks/Pilots/Nerds

200153Z 31009KT 10SM SCT029 OVC035 03/M03 A2972 RMK AO2 WSHFT 0110

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Already had like 4 smokes today. This one is LJ Peretti London Flake in a Castello Trademark KKKK bent billiard. Watching my niece and nephew this evening and I don’t smoke around them so I’m enjoying while I can. I have back up General snus that I can hide pretty well if I need a nic hit 😂 Once they are out of high school, I won’t hide it. Their father (my big bro) was an MD and he would have appreciated my not corrupting them early. He would have been 55 March 4th had he not been taken from us way too soon.
View attachment 203844
Man I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Lost my younger brother way too soon, too (2014). His sons are in University now and the older one is receiving his Commission into the Army in May... accepted into Explosive Ordinance Disposal.

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Dinner was a salad, wild caught catfish with half a plate of black beans and rice topped with Mexican cheese. Dessert was two big slices of cinnamon raisin apple spice cake with a bowl of Neapolitan ice cream for dessert. My after dinner smoke was year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
Barling_249.jpg

After that, a short nap and a bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Peterson Flake, fully rubbed out and left to dry overnight before smoking, in my Savinelli 313 Prince.

39825FED-716E-4985-897F-BA2F46350E80.jpeg

My first two bowls of this blend were fairly meh, which given its history, I was willing to chalk up to poor conditions or technique. Tonight it’s pretty still out, and I’m getting some nice sweetness, flavors, and aroma. It might seem sacrilegious to say so on a pipe forum, but some of these flavors and aromas remind me of hookah tobacco I smoked years ago. It’s a favorable association, just so there is no doubt! Now I’m suspecting those tobaccos were Virginia-based, and I was enjoying the base tobacco more than I realized at the time. puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.