PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have War Horse Bar in a Savinelli (from Galleria Mazzini 31 in Genova, not Via Orefici 2 in Milano) Horse Figural with glass eyes and a natural horn stem. This is probably from the ’80s. The horn had a couple of deep chunks missing that I was able to fill pretty nicely with a mix of amber and black cyanoacrylate. I might apply a couple of dots and make it completely seamless, but, I might leave them—the gaps amount to small nicks now instead of 2mm holes. The carving is pretty goofy and not particularly aesthetically pleasing, but, I love the idea of having another example of the lesser known side of the Savinelli family in the rotation. Plus, it’s a nice change of pace to have a horse affiliated blend in something other than my Pony Hair Longchamps.

IMG_20230219_095633.jpg

IMG_20230219_095721.jpg

IMG_20230219_095659__01.jpg

32070298660_528f505208_z.jpg

@woodsroad @condorlover1

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Going to have War Horse Bar in a Savinelli (from Galleria Mazzini 31 in Genova, not Via Orefici 2 in Milano) Horse Figural with glass eyes and a natural horn stem. This is probably from the ’80s. The horn had a couple of deep chunks missing that I was able to fill pretty nicely with a mix of amber and black cyanoacrylate. I might apply a couple of dots and make it completely seamless, but, I might leave them—the gaps amount to small nicks now instead of 2mm holes. The carving is pretty goofy and not particularly aesthetically pleasing, but, I love the idea of having another example of the lesser known side of the Savinelli family in the rotation. Plus, it’s a nice change of pace to have a horse affiliated blend in something other than my Pony Hair Longchamps.

View attachment 203807

View attachment 203809

View attachment 203810

View attachment 203811

@woodsroad @condorlover1
Cool pipe and tobacco pairing!

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Already had like 4 smokes today. This one is LJ Peretti London Flake in a Castello Trademark KKKK bent billiard. Watching my niece and nephew this evening and I don’t smoke around them so I’m enjoying while I can. I have back up General snus that I can hide pretty well if I need a nic hit 😂 Once they are out of high school, I won’t hide it. Their father (my big bro) was an MD and he would have appreciated my not corrupting them early. He would have been 55 March 4th had he not been taken from us way too soon.
64540CA2-6DC1-40FE-AFB5-3E19B161B777.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.