PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Linda, my Valentine for more than 55 years, made us dinner for the holiday: surf and turf (we split a large rib-eye, and each had a lobster tail), sautéed asparagus and baked potato with a dollop of yogurt. We opened a bottle of chilled Prosecco to go with the meal. My daughter (who lives in the apartment upstairs with her family) brought us some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Yum.
Following this sumptuous meal, I filled my Peterson POTY 2021 Heritage 4AB with Wilke's No. 515. We adjourned to the living room, leaned back in our easy chairs, and we killed the bottle of Prosecco as I smoked my pipe.
That's the way to go: no reservations, no parking problems, no crowded, loud restaurant, no dodging the rain, and the freedom to enjoy a bowl after the meal. Ahh!
I hope everyone had as nice a Valentine's Day as we did.

1676445452719.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and smoked a bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style. Think I packed this one a little too loosely. Ah well, that just means I'll have one more smoke.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.