PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Very nice pipe and a blend I’m interested in. What effect has over 20 years of age had on the Latakia and Perique?

Thank you! The whole blend, but the Syrian Latakia in particular, has softened, become a little rounder, and maybe lost a bit of zip. It’s a bit smoother and cooler smoking that I remember when this batch was fresh. I wouldn’t say it’s better with age, but I wouldn’t say it’s worse. Just different. The Syrian leaf was probably already 20 years old when this batch was blended so tagging 20 onto that is a pretty good run.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad and chicken primavera dinner with two slices of cheesecake topped with cherries. I'm almost a third of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean some pipes.
Peterson_PR_Rhodesian999.jpg

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I had some Amphora Burley Blend and a little Amphora Full Aroma dried and ready, so I blended them to smoke in today's estate pipe, a meerschaum lined Dr. Grabow. Unfortunately this pipe has a crack in the shank that goes all the way through to the mortise. I made a temporary fix with CA, and it's perfectly smokable, but at some point I will probably band it for a permanent fix. It's a nice pipe.

D53C1ED6-24B6-4B70-99AC-77C23321C29A.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Listing this a few minutes early: 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave were at the back door crying loudly, so I gave them extra food. I don't even own them, and they've made me their staff, the li'l buggers! Well, I guess it's better than being their henchman. :)
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
... Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave were at the back door crying loudly, so I gave them extra food. I don't even own them, and they've made me their staff, the li'l buggers! Well, I guess it's better than being their henchman. :)
Butler_Cat.jpg
"To the kitchen, Inkwell, and let's be quick about it!... And, Inkwell, I TRUST my Golden Delicious apples have been PROPERLY cored, THIS TIME..."

"Very good, Ms Daisey, yes, of course, just as you prefer...".

Such is life. ;) - Sherm Natman

Status
Not open for further replies.