PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Hey Dino, I you had smoked Macedonian Basma in an Alexander or Pipex or... etc pipe, I would have been a totally Greek night, but nevertheless I hope (I am sure) you enjoyed it!
Γεια σου φιλε μου! I did indeed enjoy my dinner. This was food we brought home from my church's Winter GreekFest.
My wife, who is Italian and Irish, but is Greek Orthodox, is a terrific Greek cook. She learned from my mother and me.
However, I thought just to give her a break, we'd let the YiaYias at church prepare our dinner. Ha!
I love Greek/Oriental tobaccos, particularly Basma, Xanthi and Yenidje. My favorite English tobacco is McClelland's Samovar. But, last night I wanted a little aromatic to go with the Mavrodaphne (which is Port-like in taste). My favorite English aromatic is Edward G. Robinson's pipe Blend.
I unfortunately have no Greek made pipes.
Stay well my Greek friend!
O Ntiνoς

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
A 50/50 mix of GL Pease's Telegraph Hill and Sutliff 507C Virginia Slices. I had a little bit left of a tine of the Telegraph Hill and figured I would stretch it with the 507C Va. Worked quite well, the perique kicked up the Sutliff (made by Mac Baren in Denmark, by the way) just enough to make it more interesting than typical. Smoked in a made in Denmark Stanwell 179 bent apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.