PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
Enough moronic jokes have been done already. I'm retiring that photo. I prefer to keep the EGR and Basil Meadows photo because it drums up interest for EGR.
It certainly led me to try EGR and now it’s my favorite morning smoke, when I get one. It will always be in my “rotation” and many of us are thankful for your efforts to keep it alive. It is, literally, the only blend I will smoke with Latakia and I hate that stuff!

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Hi all, with some more R&M Blend No 53, in one of the first pipes I purchased, perhaps the second one. It is again "Made in Greece" by the company "Alexander", using greek briar. The size is small, the shape is delicate, I call these "female pipes". You must smoke slowly with it, otherwise the Dublin bowl gets very hot. The stem has loosened through the years, so I have put a corn cob ferrule (with the paint removed) to fix it.
Today I have an appointment for the annual official check for my car (vehicle condition, pollutants emission level e.t.c.) - they put a sticker on the plate and you can show it to the police if they ask for it. Under lockdown conditions (due to Covid) this seems a fascinating activity (get out of the house and do something different apart from the necessary shopping). Just imagine: my lady wants to come with me!
Have a good day good people.

R&M No53 in Alexnader.JPG
Original R&M No 53.jpg

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
My goodnight smoke was PS Luxury Bullseye Flake in an MM Nekkid 5th Avenue cob. This is a blend I jarred up almost a year ago. I come back to it every three months or so. Although I can discern that I would enjoy the taste, I can't stop it from biting/searing my tongue. My improving cadence has opened up quite a few blends that used to "hurt" me, but even now, LBF just messes with my tongue. Extra drying, barely sipping, keeping it at "almost going out" level, none of this has helped yet. Should I just scratch this one off the list? Should I then also avoid Escudo and Deluxe Navy Rolls? These are both blends I'd like to try but are so frequently compared to LBF that I am now hesitant.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
My goodnight smoke was PS Luxury Bullseye Flake in an MM Nekkid 5th Avenue cob. This is a blend I jarred up almost a year ago. I come back to it every three months or so. Although I can discern that I would enjoy the taste, I can't stop it from biting/searing my tongue. My improving cadence has opened up quite a few blends that used to "hurt" me, but even now, LBF just messes with my tongue. Extra drying, barely sipping, keeping it at "almost going out" level, none of this has helped yet. Should I just scratch this one off the list? Should I then also avoid Escudo and Deluxe Navy Rolls? These are both blends I'd like to try but are so frequently compared to LBF that I am now hesitant.
I've heard others say that it improves greatly with 5 years on it. Move it to the back of your cellar and forget about it. I never got bad bite from it, but it does taste very green. I combined my jar of lbf and the comoys offering and have sealed it until the future.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Should I just scratch this one off the list? Should I then also avoid Escudo and Deluxe Navy Rolls? These are both blends I'd like to try but are so frequently compared to LBF that I am now hesitant.
LBF does this to everyone when it is fresh. Most people buy this blend and age it for about 3 years before smoking it. Me, I home stove it (because I’m impatient) at 190 degrees for 2 hours and then let it sit in a mason jar for two weeks before smoking it. Doing this tames the bite tremendously. If you are hesitant to home stove, KBV sells stoved LBF under the label Raven Eyes.

As for Escudo and DNR, they have both been tamed by the blender already so no worries there. But if I may add my two cents, I’d recommend you try Davidoff Medallion Flake or Savinelli Doblone D’Oro first. Enjoy.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Tried the Peterson Plug in a Bantam and have so much more appreciation for it now.
A year off the roll-ups now and I’m noticing my palate is changing and I’m starting to get some more of the subtleties of my regular blends as well as others.
1792 in the Marcus then that’s it for me.
@Birddog66 Congratulations on giving up the ciggies - I'm giving up the pipe for Lent!

Status
Not open for further replies.