PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Ruminating on the blessings of life smoking a 5 pointed gold star Four Star Lee Medium Squat Bulldog full of Lane Cult Blood Red Moon. This is the same basic taste and luxury as the Three Stars full of Lane Smoker’s Pride Cherry Cavendish I smoke all day except mo’, betta.:)

You get what you pay for, except it’s not all that much more.

IMG_6368.jpeg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. My drink is from a freshly opened bag of Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

dublinpiper90

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
Earlier I smoked Daughters and Ryan Three Sails in a MM Eaton Cob.

Now it’s cigar time : Cuban Cohiba Robusto.

I got these from my trip to Canada earlier this year and I have loved these.

Having said that, considering the shocking prices of Cubans, I would buy it only occasionallyView attachment 275603
One of my favorite sticks I keep in my humidor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Tragic? I get what you are saying but I think it’s tragic to leave pipes unsmoked. I get the idea of having some examples of what they were like new, maybe photos are enough. We need a museum, I could see having unsmoked pipes in a museum.

Yes, I would say so. While I do view pipes as functional art and that they should most often be smoked than not, I value history and preservation. The fact that these two Yello-Bole pipes survived, unused for close to eight decades with their ephemeral price tags intact is something of a miracle; there are so many used Yello-Boles out there, why take two things so rare and beautiful and just turn them into just a couple of used pipes in an instant? I’m all for finding matching stunt doubles for pristine pipes like these and using those instead.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Having Sav Doblone d’Oro in a Grabow ruminating on how anyone can watch the NFL after the botched call last night giving the game to Dallas. How anyone can put money down on those games baffles me. Like betting on the WWE lol View attachment 275560
That was a bullshit call, should have gone to Detroit. As Mo Syzlac say’s “Those people is livin in Mad Max times”, they earned the game.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
It’s amazing and wonderful to see these survive virginal and intact with the price tags after so many years—it would be tragic to see them just become another couple used pipes.
I agree, it’s not like I’m short on pipes so I think these will be saved for the careful collector that gets them when I’m gone. I know many folks think they should be smoked but some old pipes should survive in pristine condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.