PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. A cup of hot tea, neat, is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
I picked this up as part of a collection I acquired. This was one of the hidden gems in a collection full of gems. I don’t know who made it but it’s very heavy and well made. There is no name on it.
@TheIronMonkey thanks so much for the tip on this. You are right, it is a Longchamp holder from the 50’s. Amazing.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
It’s amazing and wonderful to see these survive virginal and intact with the price tags after so many years—it would be tragic to see them just become another couple used pipes.
Tragic? I get what you are saying but I think it’s tragic to leave pipes unsmoked. I get the idea of having some examples of what they were like new, maybe photos are enough. We need a museum, I could see having unsmoked pipes in a museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.