Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Very nice! What kind of pastries are you making?
Just some basic ones - little squares folded in to make a well with some lemon and some apple filling, some icing after baking. Can't remember where I first saw them, could be a Paul Hollywood thing, lol.

Actually using puff to make some pheasant/onion/gravy "sausage rolls" for dinner tonight - my tolerance for making puff pastry from scratch only extends to sweets, lol, and not that often - it's time consuming to get the layers.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
How are you liking that Penny Farthing?
I grabbed a couple tins from the local shop, I think from 2019. One will be opened when my current tin of Hal is gone.
I'm liking it! Definitely one I'll pick up again! I love the cut It's pretty close to Five Brothers in how fine it is but the strands are shorter. The mechanics are golden and I like the flavor. I think the dark Kentucky interplays with the VA and Perique nicely. It melds together but you can also notice the contrast if that makes sense. A kind of sweet and savory sensation. Still trying to learn to articulate tobacco stuff.

Last edited:

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Capstan Blue Flake in an Altinay

53342925551_a8dbae6b56_k.jpg

Singed

Lurker
Dec 23, 2023
Smoking now another self-made "blend" which is a mix of mixes, actually leftovers, scraps, bits and pieces from finishing tins e.t.c. For obvious reasons I call it "Frankenstein Mixture" and it has never failed me, no matter what the combination is.
I went to the flea market yesterday. Because some days ago I found there a used Falcon. I am a Falcon fan. The bowl was not something special, although not the same with any of the 10 pcs I already have. The stem was bronze colored, not available in the local market. The bit was the so-called "dentist" type, and the color (or the material) was peeled off at some points. I passed. Mainly because of the bit poor condition and also because I have never bought a used (and not restored) pipe. In the next days I had second thoughts. I haven't asked the price but somehow, I was sure that it would be low. And I have ahead of me 2 full free weeks, off work. I could try some restoration. If unsuccessful, well the investment would be unimportant, If successful I would have my 4th Falcon stem and my 11th bowl. But I found out that the pipe was missing! Somebody else has taken a decision faster than me! Well, that's life, I guess.
I'd like to wish you all a nice Christmas Eve and a nice Christmas day.
Please allow me to especially wish John, the good man from Spain, who is facing difficulties lately. Courage brother!

View attachment 273130
View attachment 273131
View attachment 273132
Love it! I'll have to consider starting my own scraps jar.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I'm liking it! Definitely one I'll pick up again! I love the cut It's pretty close to Five Brothers in how fine it is but the strands are shorter. The mechanics are golden and I like the flavor. I think the dark Kentucky interplays with the VA and Perique nicely. It melds together but you can also notice the contrast if that makes sense. A kind of sweet and savory sensation. Still trying to learn to articulate tobacco stuff.
Makes sense, thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.