Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Same here buddy! 🫡🤣
@Tate I've lost count of how many clays I've broken (including my first one)...
They're always finding broken clay pipe fragments; I don't want to break my churchwarden so I don't take it out much & only smoke it at re-enactments & with Jason the blacksmith:)
Taking the churchwarden to the Battle of Nantwich next month; I don't want a repeat of last year...

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking now another self-made "blend" which is a mix of mixes, actually leftovers, scraps, bits and pieces from finishing tins e.t.c. For obvious reasons I call it "Frankenstein Mixture" and it has never failed me, no matter what the combination is.
I went to the flea market yesterday. Because some days ago I found there a used Falcon. I am a Falcon fan. The bowl was not something special, although not the same with any of the 10 pcs I already have. The stem was bronze colored, not available in the local market. The bit was the so-called "dentist" type, and the color (or the material) was peeled off at some points. I passed. Mainly because of the bit poor condition and also because I have never bought a used (and not restored) pipe. In the next days I had second thoughts. I haven't asked the price but somehow, I was sure that it would be low. And I have ahead of me 2 full free weeks, off work. I could try some restoration. If unsuccessful, well the investment would be unimportant, If successful I would have my 4th Falcon stem and my 11th bowl. But I found out that the pipe was missing! Somebody else has taken a decision faster than me! Well, that's life, I guess.
I'd like to wish you all a nice Christmas Eve and a nice Christmas day.
Please allow me to especially wish John, the good man from Spain, who is facing difficulties lately. Courage brother!

Frankenstein Mixture - Mr Brog pipe.jpg
Frankenstein Mixture.jpg
Merry Xmas '023.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was still hungry, and when I mentioned it to m'lady, she went to the kitchen and cooked six scrambled eggs and ham. Then, I had a slice of Collin Street Bakery fruitcake anddid a set of walking reps. So much for my diet. Just finished smoking year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.