PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Ennerdale Flake in a clay. The stem of one of my pipes is clogged so I need to get some more pipe cleaners; I've run out. Dad's bought me a Snake Room axe throwing voucher as a thanks for digging out a drainage channel between the pond & shed. I hope it solves the flooding in this area...
Axe throwing today; going to Buxton Crescent next week. Dad's taught me a new sword move and I've been practicing with Merrylegs.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2004 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored tapered lucite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Cardinals-Dodgers game while waiting for the Braves-Angels game. It's good hearing Chip Caray again, and I have repeatably noticed that Caray has improved his over all announcing since he left for the Braves for the Cardinals job. Daisy the Feral Princess is by my feet, and she must agree with me about Chip because she's staring at the TV.
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Smoking some Winchester, courtesy of a Pipe Club friend (thanks, BenMN). Gave me a partial tin in March which I subsequently put aside, so guess I've aged it about 5 months since (sorry, BenMN). TR's description is Red Virgina & unsweetened Black Cavendish. I missed the boat, not quick enough on the draw, during my TAD's when ordering various McClelland's to have not chosen their Red & Black -- still holding regret. Sometimes, I'll mix Christmas Cheer '06 with some 5105 to approximate. Winchester is very nice.
Smoking it in a Savinelli 626 Antique Shell, a great smoking little pipe, great feel "in the hand". There are various pics throughout this month's WAYS of different 626's with different finishes. I'd love to have ANY of them (!!!). If my entire pipe inventory were nothing but 626's ... well, I could live with that easily.
NOTE to my Peterson System Standards = Don't Feel Bad nor Slighted. No crying.

1723858977399.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking the last of my open stash of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea author with a silver spigot military bit and a tapered black acrylic stem. I have a couple more ounces aging even though the McClelland tobaccos used to make this version of Rouxagaroux doesn't need it. That's the only way I can stop myself from smoking all of it now. Not a rare attitude among pipe smokers. Watching the Braves-Angels game.
Ardor Urano Ninfea author_MM.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Daisy the Feral Princess was on my lap enjoying the attention, but got up as soon as m'lady went to the kitchen so she could get something to eat.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg