PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Original Crumb Cut in a 1950s-60s straight smooth brown Bertram 07 octagonal paneled billiard with a square shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Molly Danger's been in the den all evening wanting and getting attention. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' on her blanket. Going to check on the other ferals after I post this.
Bertram_07 _panel_billiard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a light low calorie snack, fed Sleepy Suzy the professional eating machine, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a sandblasted medium bend 1950s Reuben era Charatan Deluxe 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the rest of the Cardinals-Dodgers game that I recorded.
Charatan_Deluxe_11_right .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty red delicious apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. With any luck, I'll be able to end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 egg with a smooth brown front and a black sandblasted back with a dark gold ferrule and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Harry the Hairy. Tomato the Brave was hiding by the side of the house due to his fear of Harry. As it had rained, I went and picked him up, dried him off, and he's eating wet and dry food in the house as I type. Abner the Eager's not around. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Stanwell_Antique_124.jpg

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I accidentally added this Savanelli to my collection. I bid really low on ebay and ended up winnning it. I guess I cant complain for 50 bucks after shipping. Im smoking some Quiet Nights I just go it. The jury is still out. Its freshly open and needs to settle a couple of days. So far its good but its not worth double the price of good EU blends. Being an import we pay a lot for Pease blends. Its good but thus far I wont order it a second time.

1723885513195.jpeg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Continuing to smoke Peterson Royal Yacht as I have every day this week, in a Rattray's Blower's Daughter tonight, and there's something a little fishy about this blend.

IMG20240713094629~2.jpg

Royal Yacht is purported to be a pure Virginia blend, and yet I've smoked a dozen different pure Virginias before and never gotten a sore throat from any of them. However, the one kind of tobacco I absolutely cannot smoke because it gives me a really sore throat every time I smoke a blend containing even a tiny amount of it is Perique, and Royal Yacht has been giving me that very distinctive Perique sore throat every time I've smoked it this week.

Having had some time to ponder the matter, I'm guessing a portion of the flavoring added to Royal Yacht may be the juice from Perique barrels. Royal Yacht certainly tastes like a VaPer even though there's not supposed to be any Perique in it, and it gives me a sore throat in the same manner that a VaPer would, so I'm guessing Dunhill (and now Peterson) found a clever way to put the juice from their Perique barrels to use as a flavoring element in Royal Yacht. I could be wrong, but that's the best explanation I've got for why it tastes like a VaPer and my body is reacting to it like it's a VaPer even though it should be a pure Virginia.

In any case, I'm sad to say this blend is going in the sell/trade box. It's a real bummer since I quite like the flavor and strength of Royal Yacht, but my throat just won't tolerate it. I'm thinking I might go with G&H Rum Flake for next week's blend of the week, since I have been having a real hankering for that rum/maple/licorice flavor lately and I recall it being quite gentle and easy on the throat while also rather stout in the Vitamin N department.puffy