PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, had some Ten Russians in Grabow Riviera Dublin while walking WeeBay and returned home for more coffee and ‘23 Folklore in a James Upshall Dublin which I’m almost done with.
A previous post has made me take the Briar Works Country Lawyer off the shelf and sticking with the Dublin theme I’ll have it in this Kaywoodie Connoisseur #45C. image.jpg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I’m not sure, it’s just marked as pipe tobacco, there was so many producers back then I suppose it could be any of them but could also be a US import labeled for the RN as rationing was in full effect.
What, Half & Half for Hornblower? Carter Hall for Lord Nelson & a Marsh Wheeling for old Churchill? Nah, that’d never happen, they’d of scuttled ships & torpedoed Admiralty House! Lol
Even in the darkest days of war, the officers wouldn’t of gone without.

I remember reading during the war, many were opposed to the continued government funding of the Arts Council. Churchill stood up to them & said of course we’ll continue funding the arts, if not, then what the devil are we fighting for?

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Gentlemen it time for me to retire. I am finishing my last bowl of the day which is some Brown Twist, I am sure there is a crude joke in that name somewhere but I am too tired to look for it! My final pipe of the day is this late 1880s early 1890s example of the Parisian pipe makers art in the form of an amber stemmed 'cutty' that is a tad over six inches in length. I will see you all in the morning early for more pipe adventures if the 'big fella' upstairs says that it is to be so. Good night all!

View attachment 243395

Dropping some Brown Twist into a bowl before turning in just means you're regular—that's a great thing!

alwayslit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2018
DC/Tampa
I'm at my Son's here in Sarasota, he's another couple of miles inland from our house. My granddaughter kept asking me to spend the night so that was an invitation I could hardly refuse. Looks like the hurricane is going to pass us by here with minimal impact. I pray for the people up North though, looks like the storm surge could be devastating. Enjoying some Vauen No 14 in an Alden.

View attachment 243425

Glad you all are okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.