PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Back to a year ago when I first tried the fold and stuff method, I just couldn't keep it lit, but I gave it a try again recently and was amazed by how long a bowl lasts.
It could be a good idea to try it in a clay, since I tend to puff too fast while smoking my clay, probably because of the very open draw?
@FoggyMorning you aren't puffing as fast as these guys:
A shame the clay pipe smoking championship is the same weekend as Derbyshire Woodland Festival as I'd liked to have taken part but a 2 minute smoke-off is less important to me than a full day of woodland crafts and Viking reenactment - and I'll still get to smoke a clay when I meet the blacksmith again:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some shopping for my friend who was in the hospital, then I enjoyed a late, but tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's Espresso #9, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
H
Sutliff ERR match in a cob.

View attachment 243483

I’m down to a few bowlfuls left from this sample. I’m not really in love with it, so my plan was to just smoke up the rest and call it good, but of course today’s smoke is really nice. Hmm…
Haha just when you think you can cross one off the list! This happened to me with Escudo recently, I’ve managed to work my way through most of the tin and then two stellar bowls out of different pipes. To buy again or not to buy….

Status
Not open for further replies.