PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 222 in an undated, unbranded straight smooth dark brown made in France Los Alton VBF billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, who is currently chasing a moth around the den. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
France_Cant_billiard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A couple of minutes or so away from smoking Angler's Dream in a 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 egg with a smooth brown front and a black sandblasted back with a dark gold ferrule and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Have a little more work to do.
Stanwell_Antique_124.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Back to a year ago when I first tried the fold and stuff method, I just couldn't keep it lit, but I gave it a try again recently and was amazed by how long a bowl lasts.
It could be a good idea to try it in a clay, since I tend to puff too fast while smoking my clay, probably because of the very open draw?
@FoggyMorning Just chugged a clay pipe of St Bruno Ready Rubbed in 3min 25s:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fed the ferals, and Molly Danger, who is eating more than usual. Well, she needs it because she's skinny. Anyway, work's done for the day and I am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with a unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. This blend will be released in November.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@FoggyMorning Not my style of pipe; there were some clays with a steam train shape around the early days of railways (George Stephneson era). I don't normally smoke THAT fast but I wanted to see if I could do it after watching the video:)
At the other end of the scale I made a clay pipe of St Bruno Ready Rubbed last 54 minutes; good but over an hour would be really impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.