PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
NOVA
Afternoon everyone, I’m smoking a very old blend specially made for the Royal Navy in World War ll, believe it or not there was virtually no rust on the interior of the tin when I opened it with the cutter top and although the tobacco had dried out it wasn’t past saving and rehydrated with ease. I’m having this blend in a James Upshall Dublin. View attachment 243266View attachment 243267
Time to splice the main brace as well. What an amazing find.

FoggyMorning

Can't Leave
Jul 15, 2023
Kanagawa, Japan
@FoggyMorning I recommend you try some in a clay; I enjoyed it in mine. I think flake tobacco is very well suited to clays!
Back to a year ago when I first tried the fold and stuff method, I just couldn't keep it lit, but I gave it a try again recently and was amazed by how long a bowl lasts.
It could be a good idea to try it in a clay, since I tend to puff too fast while smoking my clay, probably because of the very open draw?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City Beta Test VaBur Final Version in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Going to work on cleaning a couple of estate pipes.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good morning denizens of the pipe forum. It has been another busy day trying to clear yesterdays back log of inconsequential crap. Today I am finishing up my August rotation of pipes before I clean and scrape a few specimens and select the pipes I will be smoking in September. Today I kicked off my morning with Warrior Plug and since finishing lunch I am moving over to smoking some Coniston Plug and will probably finish the day with some 2012 St James Flake from the late Weezell before retiring for the night. I hope you are all having a stress free day and playing nicely together. I will drop by at tea time and see how you are all getting along!

thumbnail-4.jpeg

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
Scottish Cake in a 317
xPLx4LMh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.