PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
The new Peterson has the worst break in taste I’ve ever experienced, as I usually go for estates I’m not used to breaking them in. The unused antique pipes I get rarely taste bad and not for more than a couple of bowls, perhaps their age is a factor in that but I couldn’t say for sure.
Anyway I’m not smoking quality tobacco out of it until it’s properly broken in so it’s my Odds & Ends of various blends up next.

On the subject pocket knives I like a Damascus Higonokami to carry or Opinel at home as lock knives are illegal here as is anything with a +3” blade. Both are classic designs from their nation of origin, simple, tough, inexpensive and perfect for my needs. View attachment 238427
Ive never had a pete taste bad.
Maybe soak a pipe cleaner with everclear or 151 and swab out the stem really well.
Bristle swab the shank and burn some serious Virginia through it.
Only time I got a funky ghost was
After someone burned a cigar butt in one. That really funked it up.

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
HH Pure Virginia in a Rubio Author.

IMG0096.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to be another busy day, and I'm happy about that.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.