PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
It’s a long weekend here in Canada. Have a beautiful piece of prime rib in the sous-vide so dinner will be easy tonight. Going to relax with some 1960’s era Edgeworth RR packed in my Barling Nelson poker. Drink is a generous concoction of what I call a ‘Beezer’. Think beer based Bloody Cesar (Bloody Mary with clam juice for you American’s not in the know) but stirred with Mezcal, pickle juice and beer, etc, etc. DM me if you’re interested in the recipe. IMG_4039.jpeg

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
HH Burley Flake for the initial smoke in my new Castello Collection Author.

IMG0062.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Glad you like it mate🙏
@Birddog66 If I put the Burley blend in my Sillem's Musketeer tin will it keep until next month as the tin has already been opened?
Also, will my tin of SG Black Forest be OK as it's been open about a week or two?
I could put the tins in sealable bags (reusing them, no single use plastic with me!); will this keep it fresh?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
@Birddog66 If I put the Burley blend in my Sillem's Musketeer tin will it keep until next month as the tin has already been opened?
Also, will my tin of SG Black Forest be OK as it's been open about a week or two?
I could put the tins in sealable bags (reusing them, no single use plastic with me!); will this keep it fresh?
Go on Amazon, @halfdan, and get yourself some heavyweight Mylar ziploc bags. Or transfer the baccy to a canning jar. 4oz jars will hold a 50gr. tin.

Last edited:

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Ive never had a pete taste bad.
Maybe soak a pipe cleaner with everclear or 151 and swab out the stem really well.
Bristle swab the shank and burn some serious Virginia through it.
Only time I got a funky ghost was
After someone burned a cigar butt in one. That really funked it up.
I think it’s some of the stain leaked inside the bowl, it’s not briar taste for sure but it seems to be burning off. I might leave some sea salt in there for a couple of days though.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Yes mate that should be fine for a month or two easy.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
I think it’s some of the stain leaked inside the bowl, it’s not briar taste for sure but it seems to be burning off. I might leave some sea salt in there for a couple of days though.
Ive had some stain funk before.
That could possibly be the cause.
Sanding cloth on your finger and a few twists will remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.