PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Wesley’s of South Africa Three Quarter Flake in a AOC Globe celebrating England’s penalty win over Nigeria, they outclassed us all match and it’s sad to see them go out like that. Not that I’m unhappy with the result mind you. 😅View attachment 238400
@Birddog66 Burley match blend in a vintage clay. It's going down well - and the blacksmith says he loved the smell of it. Lights easily with a Blacksmith's ember or a molten iron nail!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Sun Bear Tupelo in the Allen & Wright LTD Super bent. I was going over this pipe with my loupe last night and found the remnants of what looks like a numerical stamp near the transition - no much left but looks maybe like a 21 or 27.
It's a nice piece of wood to be sure, with the grain oriented correctly for straight or flame. Nice birdseye on the bottom.
The tenon is threaded internally so I do wonder what the stinger looked like - will likely never know. Not a trove of information out there about the pipes they sold or who made them.
The little blue dot could point to the Sasieni factory but who really knows?

image.jpg
image.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Some Burley morning in a StanwellView attachment 238409
How do you like the 940?

I only ever had the 940-1. Loved the feel of it in hand and the action was super fidgety and fun. I found the S90v to be a tad chippy though, and the narrow blade to be awkward for some tasks.
After collecting and using all sorts of ultra high level folders, it's the BM 761 that has ridden in my pocket the longest. Bought it when they first came out (First Prod. #40!) and it's never failed me. I'll use it until it falls apart.. if it ever falls apart.

image.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
How do you like the 940?

I only ever had the 940-1. Loved the feel of it in hand and the action was super fidgety and fun. I found the S90v to be a tad chippy though, and the narrow blade to be awkward for some tasks.
After collecting and using all sorts of ultra high level folders, it's the BM 761 that has ridden in my pocket the longest. Bought it when they first came out (First Prod. #40!) and it's never failed me. I'll use it until it falls apart.. if it ever falls apart.

View attachment 238414
@bluegrassbrian, I find the 940 with the S30v steel all around best knife for me. I had a para military I thought would be my go to, but like you said about the 761 the knife you reach for the most turns out to be your favorite. BM’s are premium quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.