Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@simong Never smoked plug in my clay pipes.
Many thanks for the baccy!
You're welcome lad.? Although some might say you need to learn how to smoke a pipe properly, before you try your hand at plugs. You've got a nice slow burning flake in that box along with a churchwarden pipe. You should be getting a 40 minute smoke out of that (at least!) not 1minute 40 seconds!
Good afternoon.
Gawith's Pensioners Mixture in a Blakemar Pot.
image.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
You're welcome lad.? Although some might say you need to learn how to smoke a pipe properly, before you try your hand at plugs. You've got a nice slow burning flake in that box along with a churchwarden pipe. You should be getting a 40 minute smoke out of that (at least!) not 1minute 40 seconds!
Good afternoon.
Gawith's Pensioners Mixture in a Blakemar Pot.
View attachment 91391
@simong I enjoyed the Full Virginia Flake and St. Bruno Ready Rubbed in my clay pipes; @Ettrick puffer says it's all about the packing!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Savinelli 140 in my Savinelli Miele 611 KS bent dublin. Really loved this ready rubbed VA, and not just because it's a Sav blend in a Sav pipe. Bird report: White-breasted nuthatch, House finch, Common raven, California towhee, and either swallows or swifts on the power lines, snatching insects out of the air. A lovely sight to see, for sure.

Something else special happened, too. For the first 20 minutes or so of my smoke, some asswipe was driving his unnecessarily loud muscle car in circles on the highway, just outside the neighborhood. You know, just to be a schwanz, and just to bother everyone around who, like me, was just trying to enjoy the stillness of a summer evening. When my pipe went out, I dumped the ash, and decided to look down toward the highway, and I'm glad I did. My timing was perfect to see a CA highway patrol car with the reds and blues on, pulling the offender over. Justice! It's so rare in this world, but it happens from time to time. And it got real quiet in the neighborhood for the last two-thirds of my bowl. ?
@Servant King Well done ✅ to the CHiPs!

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Another 3 day weekend has begun! On the deck enjoying some 2013 Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake in a Charatan’s Make Authentic. Coffee in the mug fresh from the French Press and good tunes going as well! Pretty much all tobacco goes great with coffee, but BBF is one of my favorites to pair with some good beans.
C2D4EDD6-CC9A-4015-983F-5598715A718B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.