PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Savinelli 140 in my Savinelli Miele 611 KS bent dublin. Really loved this ready rubbed VA, and not just because it's a Sav blend in a Sav pipe. Bird report: White-breasted nuthatch, House finch, Common raven, California towhee, and either swallows or swifts on the power lines, snatching insects out of the air. A lovely sight to see, for sure.

Something else special happened, too. For the first 20 minutes or so of my smoke, some asswipe was driving his unnecessarily loud muscle car in circles on the highway, just outside the neighborhood. You know, just to be a schwanz, and just to bother everyone around who, like me, was just trying to enjoy the stillness of a summer evening. When my pipe went out, I dumped the ash, and decided to look down toward the highway, and I'm glad I did. My timing was perfect to see a CA highway patrol car with the reds and blues on, pulling the offender over. Justice! It's so rare in this world, but it happens from time to time. And it got real quiet in the neighborhood for the last two-thirds of my bowl. ?

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Had quite a lively Saturday ZOOM meeting with the crew. One of the discussions was the inevitable, how Covid is affecting our economy, social fabric, and how it has and will impact our pipe community. I kept it "smoky" with a bowl of 2015 Brebbia Latakia Flake no. 9 (with Syrian Latakia) in a Peterson B7 Donegal Rocky. The Brebbia was so mellow and full. I paired it with a mug of Barrie House Coffee, a blend of Sumatra and Tarrazu, that went very nicely with the tobacco.

1627797113583.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little snacking, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 78 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello- Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to The Jack Benny Program.
Yello Bowl Century Model Lovat.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have just passed the quarter mark on this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite p-lip stem. Still working.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is D&R Penhooker in a 1990 straight dark brown Commemorative reproduction of the 1890 Peterson Patent System 12393 stack billiard with a silver band and a bowed black acrylic 32 AB long stem p-lip. Working and listening to Fibber McGee and Molly.
Peterson_Commen. Billiard-Stack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.