PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Happy B-Day, Lotuseater! Started with C&D Bayou Morning in a Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro 824 smooth Billiard with flattened shank and stem. Didimauw, boring? Hardly. I noticed that nice stem on your benched cob back there and, as for tobacco, I'm joining you as I write with a bowl of Carter Hall. I'm proud to be part of holding up the "boring end" of the forum with you.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of dark air cured burley in an undated (1970s?) unbranded straight paneled sandblasted Tanshell Dunhill second with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink Watching Mad Dog Russo.

Happy birthday, @LotusEater !
Dunhill_Tanshell_reject.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Found a working lighter and a nearly full packet of Sterling Blue cigarettes while out today.
Finished my packet of Condor Ready Rubbed in my clay pipes after a delicious and relaxing 47 minute smoulder in the churchyard; it might have been a few minutes either way due to the time difference in Old Brampton as the church clock has 63 minutes in an hour...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@timt I've smoked a few packets of St Bruno Ready Rubbed in my clay pipes; not buying any more St Bruno Flake due to its excess plastic packaging as the flakes are packed in a sealed plastic tray that isn't recyclable:-(
I think flake tobacco should be sold in tins like the Gawith flakes.
I spotted a vintage St Bruno Flake tin at a flea market recently; Progress - I don't think so:-(
My dad used to smoke RYO cigarettes before I was born and still uses some old tobacco tins for storing bits and pieces.
When I was at school we all had them for our wax crayons.
Dad says when I went to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle, reusing the empty packet for my loose Gawith Hoggarth pipe baccy didn't offset the emissions from burning the tobacco in my clay pipe:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Erinmore in an old Peter Stokkebye pipe. View attachment 91455
@smokeymo I bought a packet of Erinmore Mixture to smoke in my clay pipes; only ever had it once and didn't know it was still made until I asked at Morrisons which pipe tobacco they stocked.
It was a pleasant enough smoke in the clay but I prefer the loose Gawith Hoggarth pipe baccy due to my plastic waste reduction strategies!
The amount of plastic waste I've saved would make anyone proud - and offset all that pipe smoke!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Player's No Name in a No Name Cutty (or a footed billiard for the purists). Don't know wether I'm coming or going on the tobacco front. Got some tobacco in a trade, bought some new blends & bought some old. Then today I recieved samples of these new plugs from Cascadia, courtesy of @greeneyes. He also included a very generous sample of this No Name! I don't know how old it is but it's in excellent shape. Plenty of depth & a delightfully fragrant taste about it. A smoke to remember & savour. Thankyou so much! ?
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.