Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Just smoked my last clay bowl for a couple of days.
Done another 11000 steps today!
Been to visit the flood management works I helped to build; didn't get a decent smoke in the churchyard as I got caught in the rain!
Going swimming today and will order my Iceland shopping for delivery on Tuesday.
When I've smoked the WO Larsen Craftsman's mix I'll keep the tin for clay pipe storage!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
View attachment 92940
I’m smoking Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Rum Flake in a MM apple diplomat. Relaxing on the porch with a bourbon as the weekend winds down.
@Tar Wheel I haven't tried the Rum Flake but it would have been a good one for the Pirate Festival, as I found out they soaked their tobacco in spirit such as rum then...

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
@Ahi Ka I enjoyed the Epiphany in my clay pipes. Are you Maori going by your name and your use of Kia Ora and the Maori name for New Zealand?
Nah bro, I’m Pākehā but I love to celebrate our nation’s official language - English is only a de facto language down under. I pulled a bit too much out of the jar so I’ll finish the remainder in a clay ??

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A.D.P (Adolph David Posener 1837-1922) / AP over AP without outline (ditto)

(Adolph Posener & Co. of Mansell Street, Goodman's Fields, London, E1 - pipe manufacturer, tobacconist and fancy goods dealer)

View attachment 92931

+ Gawith Hoggarth BLACK CHERRY:-
View attachment 92932
@virkia I tried the Gawith Hoggarth Black Cherry in my clay pipes but the Cherry Vanilla is my favourite pipe baccy.
I had a memorable smoke of it in a clay pipe at the Lace Wars re-enactment in 2019 at Cromford Mill.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Nah bro, I’m Pākehā but I love to celebrate our nation’s official language - English is only a de facto language down under. I pulled a bit too much out of the jar so I’ll finish the remainder in a clay ??
@Ahi Ka I've come across the Maori language on the New Zealand police documentaries but not heard it spoken.
I think of Maori as a southern hemisphere equivalent of the Welsh language...
The Maori stopped for drink driving should have stuck to Kia Ora (a brand of orange squash)...
Good to see a fellow clay pipe smoker on the forums - I'm not the only one:)

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Just wow, I think this is one of the coolest pipes I've ever seen - is there a shape for this or did he do it custom for you?
Thanks, no, I don't know what the shape is called nor is it made for me, I don't know if Roush accepted commissions, I think it's been a long time since he made pipes, or I don't see his new pipes for sale, just estates

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Cascadia Pipe Co. - Downwind in a Meer. A decent smoke but nothing I would rush out to buy a lot of. Little whiskey on opening, after that just kind of a burley/Va smoke. In a Meer...
P6av9bf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.