Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
"Luxury English" bulk from Emerson's Cigars here in Virginia Beach, which is surprisingly good, in my new Jobey estate from Briar 911. Does anyone know that guy? He does a great job. Communicates in a timely fashion, and sends the pipe in a new sock. It was really clean, odor free, ready to smoke. View attachment 92892
Hahaha. I hate reading my just-sent post and seeing a glaring error that I just couldn't find pre-press. So is VB surprisingly good, or Emerson's, or the tobacco? Gee whiz. But I was referring to the tobacco. The other two are predictably awesome.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of Tinder Box Mayor Pete in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Getting ready for my weekly Sunday zoom chat at the top of the hour.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2000 Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Zooming with friends.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Hundreds of NATO soldiers left their lives there. What will their families think?Murdered young soldiers, and now we see the result. This is the great job of politicians. Another wave of international Islamist terrorism will return. It is the best organized terrorist organization in the world. His grid of terror is a true global spider web. Here in Spain we know it very well..............
Problem is, we can't fight for people who won't fight for themselves. But at least we shouldn't cause this much chaos getting out. We should stand by those few who stood with us and wipe out the threat completely before coming out. But our head chicken doesn't have balls or brain. And he's probably already made deal with Iran and/or China to sacrifices Afghanistan for lame ass nuke deal like Obama sold life of our embassador in Benghazi for his nuke deal. Yupe it's political and I'll get banned, but had to get it off my chest.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Last clay bowl for today; making a loaf of bread ? for tomorrow!
Had a couple of beers and bowls today, along with a bit of Sauvignon Blanc - didn't get drunk!
Been to Cromford Mill today; had a beer ? and a clay pipe in the churchyard.
Done over 17000 steps today; going out for another walk tomorrow.
You make bread? I salute you. I'm fairly competent with the top of the stove (the fire part), but the magical things people are able to do with that chamber below behind the big door remain a mystery to me :p

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Problem is, we can't fight for people who won't fight for themselves. But at least we shouldn't cause this much chaos getting out. We should stand by those few who stood with us and wipe out the threat completely before coming out. But our head chicken doesn't have balls or brain. And he's probably already made deal with Iran and/or China to sacrifices Afghanistan for lame ass nuke deal like Obama sold life of our embassador in Benghazi for his nuke deal. Yupe it's political and I'll get banned, but had to get it off my chest.
If you want to place blame on an individual, there's more than one 'head chicken' that is responsible for this debacle. Hell, we were down to 2,500 by the beginning of this year, so someone had to own the withdrawal. I agree with your initial point on arming and training folks that won't fight anyway, but I think everyone knew how this movie was going to end -- speaking as someone who's been on several of our previous 'head chicken's' adventures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.