PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Saturday started out differently this week since the English Premier League schedule was jacked up. As far as baccy is concerned though, I enjoyed The Amphora Burley, Rattray's Old Gowrie, and Peterson's Standard Mixture. My goodnight smoke will be GLP Gaslight. Seems most of you also enjoyed good smokes today.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
LJ Peretti Cuban Mixture in a LaCroix Bulldog. View attachment 75778
Hey Sam, one of my poems appears in that new issue of The Pipe Collector.
And, the rest of you do as Sam does and become a member of NASPC (The North American Society of Pipe Collectors). Support this publication, one of the last for our community.
Your membership gets you a subscription to the magazine for about $21 (add a few bucks more, and you also get the digital issue, that is in color) Go to: naspc.org.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
During our Saturday afternoon ZOOM meeting (which I reference in the poem I mentioned above), I smoked McClelland's 2004 Anniversary Pipe Tobacco in a late 1960s Cellini Original group 6 Lumberman with a silver ferule, my biggest pipe. A mug of Barrie House Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee, was a nice counterpoint to the tobacco.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
What’s it like to smoke a leather covered pipe? Never tried one myself.

I love them personally, there’s a belief that they can get scorched because the hand can’t feel the heat but I believe those pipes were probably owned by servicemen. After the War they were sold in PX’s all over Europe, I doubt the GI’s had pipes to rotate so smoked them pretty hard. That said the original ones were “inferior wartime pipes” that Jean Cassegrain covered in leather to disguise the poor quality of the briar when he inherited a family tobacconists in Paris. The later ones were made by Ropp, B C, GBD and Savinelli. To be honest I love wood so much I’m surprised at myself for being into a brand that covers all that beautiful grain, but they feel great in the hand and smoke beautifully.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Second pipe of the day is a bowl of Cornell and Diehl Black Frigate in a Rattrays Good Deal Devils Anse.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer View attachment 75661
Thats a great pipe I got in on that deal bought two devils anse,and two squat Rhodesians same colour same stems. They are great for no hands clenching and with a 9mm filter they smoke great.Rattrays has withdrawn the two I mentioned maybe because they are so similar to the Outlaw 140 range which is twice the price.I think there were 12 shapes in that range the other shapes are based on billiards and are much heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.