PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Hey you have to show us next time where you get the good stuff from in Argentina. ?

From your picture it looks like Argento Duo?

The website says it’s Burley with Criollo, not Virginia and Criollo like yours... hmm ?
That's Argentina for you!! :)
I think it used to have Burley rather than Virginia in it so looks as if the website hasn't been updated.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Don’t you just love em, I’ve been picking them up on eBay for the last six months on advice from an old gentleman that worked in a tobacconist in the 60 &70’s. Apparently they were sourcing the best briar available for Ropp & Choquin to carve and became the favourite pipe of Elvis and many other celebrities. I have eight now (OCD) and they’re all blinders. View attachment 75773
I remember 'Molly' (Joe Don Baker) smoking one in the brilliant Walter Matthau heist movie "Charley Varrick"
1618705136876.png

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Cornell & Diehl: Billy Budd in a Meer...​

QUvz2xk.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
You wouldn’t happen to own a Former 60th Anniversary Paneled Billiard?

I’ve been seriously considering coughing up for one, but after hearing people calling Former’s Pipes average smokers, I’ve been like doing a big hmmm ?

Just seeing this now. No, I don’t own one of his 60th Anniversary paneled billiards but I do own one Former and it happens to be paneled:

EFC241A1-05AF-4282-8895-9A43CD62C925.jpeg

It’s an excellent smoker, but no better or worse than any other well made high grade pipe. So it is average in that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.