PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
This stuff is on sale now and I've yet to try it. Remembered someone gave me a tin a few years back and decided to oper 'er up. As you can see from the rust, I don't believe the seal on the tin would have survived much longer.

HH Pure Virginia in a Dunhill Shell basket pipe.
IMG_20210424_090449.jpgIMG_20210424_090132.jpgIMG_20210424_090155~2.jpgIMG_20210424_090208.jpg

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Good morning!

ODF in the flake pipe for the first bowl of the day. Definitely pretty rich (and not just because I paid a lot for it!). I'd say there is more grassy Virginia up front than anything else. The Burley is more present in the nose, I can smell that hint of nuts and cream but I feel like I have to really roll the smoke about in my mouth to taste it. Very smooth retrohale, with just a touch of sting. Very nice. There is also a little hint of peat. Both on the tongue and the nose. Almost like working in the garden in the fall when everything is starting to break down and you get that sweet earthy smell in your nose.

This time I prepped my bowl a little differently than normal. I usually fold and stuff, crumbling a little rub on top. This time I sort of half rubbed the flake out before stuffing, then adding the more rubbed out stuff on top. Not a drastic change from before, but enough to throw a bit of extra back in the tin for next time.

Hope no one minds my mini-reviews in the WAYS thread! I find it a good way to concentrate on the flavours and think more about the blend. Otherwise I'm off on a tangent...

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Gave up trying to sleep, so I'm up and ready to do nothing, but smoke circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
View attachment 76787
Jim, is that a typical first bowl of the day for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.