PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
I was so upset with what kids are calling Vampires these days...they can eat garlic,walk around in the daylight, mirrrors reflect them. WHAT THE HE-- ! So i'm rereading Bram Stokers Dracula.Thank goodness all is right w/ the underworld. Great historical fiction.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Thanks sothron I'm on the last chapter of Drac. So I'll check out "The Historian" right away thanks for the tip.

cezario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
".22 Caliber Rifle Shooting" by Judge Charles S. Landis , ( Palladium Press, Birminghan , AL, 1999).

10grant

Lurker
Jan 27, 2013
I am reading "Blue moon rising" from my favorite author Simon R. Green.

Great if you like fantasy.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I'm currently reading "The Sherlock Holmes Adventure" by Regis McCafferty, short stories about a consulting detective in Victorian England who used to be one of the "Baker Street Irregulars."
Lots of typos, overdone Scots dialects, but LOTS of pipes and tobacco references. You GOTTA love a detective who's a Peterson nut!
All in all, very enjoyable light reading. :puffy:

punkrockarmy

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2013
For the sixth time, I'm re-reading the entire 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by George R. R. Martin. I am currently on the second book of the series called 'A Clash of Kings.' I highly recommend the series if you haven't already read it. I also recommend watching the HBO original series Game of Thrones which is based on the novels.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Fly-Fishing Guide to the Henry's Fork: Hatches, Flies, Seasons & Guide Advice for 80 Miles of World-Class Water... by Mike Lawson

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Rereading lord of the rings. Im a slow reader myself. But plan on reding a few classics this year.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
"Back from the Ashes" by K.A. Worth, granddaughter of G.L. Hunt, the marketing genius who succeeded in selling millions of Falcon pipes in the U.S. and then abroad (especially in England). The book is relatively short, not overly professional in writing style, but contains very interesting material on the stages of development of my favorite type of pipe. :puffy:

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
just got my copy of " American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History"
can't wait to get started on it. Sad that Chris Kyle was recently killed by a person he was trying to help. :crying:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Currently reading the A+ Certification Study Guide (should finish today, then it's on to the practice exams...). For more relaxing reading, I've got Edward Said's "Orientalism". Will be borrowing Gail Carriger's "Etiquette and Espionage" from my spouse this weekend for light reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.