PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I'm about half way through Rick Murcer's fourth "Manny Williams" novel, "Caribbean Rain." Great character development and plots that keep me engaged from the first page. The Island theme that rings through the entire series is just the thing for a long winter's night. What have you been reading as 2013 begins? We can all use a few good book suggestions from time to time.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Marge Piercy's novel, Vida, and two books of poems, Jack Gilbert's Collected and Hoa Nguyen's As Long As Trees Last.

burghbriar

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
I'm trying to read books that I have always meant too. Right now I'm 325 pp. into Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and can't put it down which surprises me. Next on the list is Moby Dick.

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Just finished my semi-annual reading of The Lord of the Rings. Currently reading The Quest for Community by Robert Nisbet and Democracy in America by Tocqueville

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Just about done with "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock (again) also just completed, again as well, "Food of the Gods" by Terence McKenna
Not sure what I want to read next :wink:

cezario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
Jack O'Connor's "Hunting in three continents" , (Safari Press, Third edition).

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Been going back to read classics I missed as a kid. Just finished The Call of the Wild, White Fang and Siddhartha and am starting Kim. Also just bought the second volume of the The Complete Sherlock Holmes. Good winter reading.

pipebreath

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
Just finished re-reading Wanderings of an Elephant hunter by Bell.
Due to a recent order to Safari Press I have quite a few on the shelf to choose from ones that I have never read. I think my next will be African Rifles and Cartridges by Taylor.

bronxbill

Lurker
Dec 10, 2012
Just started reading "Killing Kennedy" Bill O'Reilly's follow up to "Killing Lincoln". Pretty good so far, lots of behind the scenes details from the time from "Bay of Pigs" to the Assassination.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
+1 on the Holmes Irish! just finished the complete collection on my iphone and read the newest paperback, House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz. id recommend it for sure! this guy did his homework and its a great read. the only problem is that its about 50-100 chapters too short, read it too quick :D. love Holmes!

Status
Not open for further replies.