PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
"The Mathematics of Magic". It's an expanded version of "The Complete Compleat Enchanter" by de Camp and Pratt. I think I read it in JHS or HS. Lost the original paperback and couldn't find it. Then noticed the hardcover on that mega online place. About to get very light reading with a bit of laugh and ton of good time.

IMG_20201128_203033_756.jpg

Reactions: lraisch and JOHN72
Nov 10, 2020
Petersburg, VA
Currently reading "Wasteland: The Great War and the Origins of Modern Horror". Quite a good read and makes interesting points. Thus far it has covered the films The Golem, Nosferatu, Metropolis, and M; Gothic literature, Lovecraft, Kafka, and T.S. Eliot.

917zM0vasWL.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Before diying,I have to read all his works...........Very important reanding,for new generation,in a world that loses the north.......Called thought Alice.Referring to the world of Alice in wonderland..............Philosopher Gustavo Bueno............EF0JHZJ2-kn7-U40345904018MkD-624x385@El Comercio.jpg

Reactions: Carol

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Currently reading "Killing For Company: The Case Of Dennis Nilson" by Brian Masters.

Dennis Nilson was a civil servant of Scottish descent living in London. Twixt the late 70's and early 80's he killed at least 15 young men after luring them to his home. Bits of bodies were stored all over his home when the police rumbled him and the story made world headlines. Highly intelligent but deeply troubled, his story makes for interesting reading.

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: JOHN72

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
This was very good.

View attachment 53269

This was also very good, surprisingly so.

View attachment 53270

Halfway thru this one, good so far.

View attachment 53271
To the First one : The review on Amazon was Better "Have you ever gone to a tourist trap, thinking “I’m finally going to see this place”, only to get there a find out that there’s really nothing to see? You get there, you look over a guardrail at the place you thought you’d be able to explore and experience, only to find that you can only look at it from a distance, and then there’s nothing else to do but get back in your car and go home."

Reactions: samuelgawith01
Status
Not open for further replies.