PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
I'm currently reading a collection of Port William's novels and stories by Wendell Berry. There is a lot wisdom in these stories. Also, with all the tobacco farming taking place, they are a great compliment to smoking a pipe.
One of my favorite writers. You're going to end up reading all of his stuff! 😉 Some incredible non-fiction too! Enjoy!

May 17, 2023
Indiana
One of my favorite writers. You're going to end up reading all of his stuff! 😉 Some incredible non-fiction too! Enjoy!
I definitely plan on reading all his fiction. I've read a few of his poems and really liked them. I haven't read his non-fiction yet. Seems like there is a lot of it, any suggestions where to start?

Reactions: RonB

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
I definitely plan on reading all his fiction. I've read a few of his poems and really liked them. I haven't read his non-fiction yet. Seems like there is a lot of it, any suggestions where to start?
For fiction, I'd say the beginning, with Nathan Coulter, the first in the Port William stories, but truthfully it doesn't matter. For non-fiction he wrote a book about agriculture and local economies called The Unsettling of America written in the 70s. Still very insightful today. It All Turns on Affection is an essay he delivered for the Jefferson Lecture.
20230517_213021.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Just finished “The House at the End of the World” by Dean Koontz. I’m not sure I’ve read anything by him before, but I will definitely be looking more into his work. Fantastic storytelling. Makes you feel like you are there. Kinda horror/sci-fi. Very good read. I could barely put it down.
haven't read much of his, but the man has a talent for sure. Hits that mix of fun story and makes you think in a way not many can.

Reactions: RonB and Mortamyhr
Status
Not open for further replies.