PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
About a third of the way through and am really enjoying this recent book written by @odobenus...
img_9887-jpg.83165

For more information on the book, check out the My New Arctic Novel Contains Much Pipe-Smoking thread.

• Love
Reactions: scloyd and odobenus

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Dance, Dance, Dance by Haruki Murakami. He has quickly become my new favorite author.
A fantastic book - all four in that series are good reads. Do read "Hard Boiled Wonderland" if you haven't already, I really enjoyed it (I'm a bit of a Murakami reader, though I couldn't get through the last book).

I'm reading lots of research, but for pleasure, I'm thumbing through the hilarious Gonzo Letters of H.S. Thompson and the rather salacious letters of James Joyce (see some interesting/raunchy excerpts here).

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Halfway through...highly recommended, if you're interested in an alternate perspective from that of the "court historians":

Crimes and Cover-ups in American Politics: 1776-1963 by Donald Jeffries, Forward by Ron Paul

Reactions: Casual

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Georges Simenon's Inspector Cadaver - Maigret Novel #24 of 75.
1641704407049.png
When a friend’s brother-in-law is accused of murdering his daughter’s lover, Maigret sets out for a small French town to help and upon arrival is plunged into an atmosphere of animosity. He soon finds himself tangled up in a case that may ruin the very people whom he has come to aid and must face an old enemy—an ex-police officer nicknamed “Inspector Cadaver”—who seems to be doing everything in his power to obstruct Maigret’s investigations.

Reactions: edger and Mtlpiper

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Just got the Evergreen edition of Little Nemo in Slumberland. Have searched high and low for an affordable copy and finally found it! The art is breathtaking.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Just got the Evergreen edition of Little Nemo in Slumberland. Have searched high and low for an affordable copy and finally found it! The art is breathtaking.
Not sure what the Evergreen edition is, but I'm glad you finally found it.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Not sure what the Evergreen edition is, but I'm glad you finally found it.

Evergreen published a reprint of the "complete" series as originally run in the years 1905-1914. In my search, I have come across chatter from hardcore fans who know of a few strips that didn't make it into that edition, but I'm not a completist.

Reactions: scloyd
Status
Not open for further replies.